To the Parents/Guardians of Miller School Students:
Please read these important reminders and mark your calendars!
1. The 4th & 5th grade band concert is scheduled for tonight at the High School at. Students should arrive at Holliston High School in concert attire by the following times:
· Any Pre-Concert Performers:- first drop off instrument in Grade level designated areas then report to lobby.
· 5th Grade Band:- report to Band/Chorus Rooms
· 4th Grade Band- report to Cafeteria
Parents, we ask that you please carpool if possible as there are several events taking place at the High School tonight and parking will be tight.
2., will be a PATRIOT’S DAY!! Students may wear a Patriots shirt or something blue. A Patriots hat or a blue hat will be allowed. Let’s root them on as they battle the Seahawks ! GO PATRIOTS!!
3. Report Cards will be going home with your child, . Please keep the report card, but return the envelope with a parent/guardian signature.
4. Temperatures permitting, students are going out for recess. However, students must be dressed appropriately (Jackets, hats, gloves, boots, long pants/snow pants, etc.) in order to go out. Please help your child remember to bring these items with them to school each day.
5. February Culture Connections:
·: Grade level yoga classes with Pamela Pinterparsons.
*Students should wear sneakers and comfortable clothes for this event!
·: 4th Grade Appalachian Trail Presentation
6. Music and art students throughout our schools brought home Mrs. Fields Cookies fundraising catalogs last week. This is the spring fundraiser through which Holliston Music and Arts Parents Association raises funds for teacher grants, scholarships and more. Try some of the delicious and convenient Mrs. Fields cookie dough or Auntie Annie's hot pretzels - perfect for a warm treat on a cold night. Cheesecakes and other sweet delights are also available. Please place your order by.
7. The PTSA and SEPAC are co-hosting 3 speakers/discussion nights in February:
: Overcoming Learning Obstacles, Discussion on Anxiety as the New ADHD. (Co-hosting with SEPAC) Most school districts have seen a marked rise in anxiety related illnesses and hospitalizations due to anxiety in school-aged children. Learn what the signs and symptoms of anxiety are and when to get support. , Adams MS Auditorium.
: The Informed Parent: Current Trends in Alcohol and Illegal Drug Use in Holliston. A panel of local experts will discuss the trends in Holliston, the teen brain, prevention, laws and how to begin or continue a discussion of prevention with your children. Important information for everyone in the community, but especially for parents of Upper Elementary, Middle School and High School children. , Adams MS Auditorium.
(changed from original date of 1/27): Panel Discussion, Holliston’s District Behavioral Supports. (Co-hosting with SEPAC) Learn how the district processes disciplinary actions. , Adams MS Auditorium.